Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Analysis of the Texas Long-Range Plan

In analyzing the Texas Long-Range Plan for Technology, 2006 – 2020 I found that it's an aggressive plan which outlines specifically what each school campus should have available to its students. Unfortunately, to date, the plan has fallen short of its goal of making technology available to every student. The students of today use technology in almost every aspect of their lives and schools are charged with keeping up with students’ demands. As Administrator, I will provide opportunities for my students to be successful by offering online courses that will help them to stay on target for graduation, as well as courses to advance their higher education. Unfortunately, many of our students have to leave school to go to work to help bills and fall short of graduation. Our campus currently provides online courses they can take from home or work in order to complete their graduation requirements on time. I will continue with this endeavor and attempt to improve on it as well by offering as many courses as possible. Teachers also expressed how technology was not an integral part of their instruction. The need for relevant professional development was made apparent in teachers’ responses. As Administrator, I will continue to make certain that professional development is offered to those in need of additional training and offer training to those that want to improve on their skills. I will make certain that all of my teaching staff are in compliance with the SBEC Technology Applications standards. Through the support of the District, I will allocate funding of technology that will support my students’ learning. It will not only include funding of hardware and software, but I will hire personnel that will support my campus’ technology needs. Through the analysis of the Long-Range Plan, I realized that funding is a major barrier to providing students the necessary technology, it is still up to each campus Principal to make certain students are provided the necessary technology and the best instruction. As Principal, I will make every attempt possible to allocate funds for the technology needs of my campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment